Data collection, analysis, and reporting
Acumentra Health is highly experienced in managing large volumes of healthcare data with a focus on quality improvement (QI), improved healthcare processes, and improved patient outcomes.
Our analysts, programmers, and network and database administrators are adept at handling large data sets from disparate sources and turning the data into useful analytic files and reports that provide meaningful information in spite of data set limitations.
Review by our clinician consultants ensures relevancy and validity of measures.
Applying research designs and methodologies
Statisticians and analysts are well versed in applying healthcare research designs and methodologies to comparative analysis, systematic pattern analysis, and program evaluation. Examples include
- HEDIS® data collection and reporting
- ABCTM (Achievable Benchmarks of Care) reports
- focused pattern-of-care studies
- patient-centered composite measures of care analysis
- validation of encounter data or performance measures
- medical record data abstraction
- managed care organization profiles and comparison reports
- customized performance measure development and testing.
Acumentra Health's communications specialists and quality improvement experts turn data into accessible, actionable reports that can be used in policy evaluation, pay-for-performance initiatives, public reporting initiatives, and improvement projects.
Surveys and focus groups
Our experts design, test, and conduct consumer surveys and focus groups to provide feedback on consumer satisfaction with health plans and providers, on consumer and provider perspectives on health policy, and on the health behaviors of populations.
- Since 1998, Acumentra Health has performed CAHPS surveys with Medicaid populations. Since 2005, Acumentra Health has performed mental health consumer satisfaction surveys—the Youth Services Survey for Families and the Mental Health Statistics Improvement Project Survey for Adults—for Oregon's Addictions & Mental Health Division.
- Acumentra Health piloted the Promoting Healthy Development Survey (developed by the Foundation for Accountability under the Child and Adolescent Health Measurement Initiative) in three states and the Young Adult Health Care Survey in Washington.
- During 2004–2005, Acumentra Health adapted components of the Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance Survey and SF-12, along with questions about Oregon Health Plan (OHP) services, to conduct a statewide survey of Medicaid enrollees.
- Acumentra Health also fielded a statewide survey of active physicians in Oregon to assess factors contributing to decisions to leave their practice or limit their practice to patients from certain payer groups. Survey results were used to inform policymakers and professional healthcare organizations.
- Acumentra Health has conducted focus groups with providers and parents to understand barriers to preventive care.
- Acumentra Health has conducted semi-structured interviews to evaluate program effectiveness on behalf of a variety of client organizations.